In Home Care Assistance & Services for Seniors | ABC Home Care, Inc.
  • Help for Alzheimer & Dementia caregivers caring for elderly parents & Seniors


Do you provide consultations before we decide on an agency?

Yes! One of our nurses will come to your home for a complementary Health & Safety Assessment. This is when you and your family may ask as many questions as you like, discuss services and scheduling, and agree on a rate.

Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?

We are able to accept long term care insurance, as well as credit cards or personal checks. Unfortunately only certified Home Health Services can accept Medicare or Medicaid, We are a non-medical home care agency, therefore we can not.

Do you accept long term care insurance?

Yes! We are happy to work with you and your insurance company representative to assist in getting claims filed and paid according to your policy.

Do you provide care to people in assisted living facilities and skilled nursing homes?

Yes! Whatever your circumstances, we are committed to helping you achieve the highest possible level of independence.

Can my caregiver administer medications?

A caregiver may only remind the client to take their medications, they are not legally allowed to administer medications of any kind. IF your caregiver is also a licensed RN or LVN then under their license they can set-up and administer your medication.

We do have LVN and RN’s on staff that may be contracted separately, under their own nursing license to provide medication set-up and oversight. This can be coordinated with your care plan at an additional fee.

What if my caregiver is sick or unavailable?

With your approval, an appropriate and qualified replacement will be found and will arrive at or as close as possible to the scheduled start time. We do our best to have backup caregivers that have been trained for your needs.

Does your agency provide transportation?

Yes! We require all of our caregivers to have a valid California Drivers License, provide proof of insurance, and maintain a clean driving record.

How do I know I can trust the person coming into my home?

All of our caregivers are registered with the State of California Home Care Aide Registry, and must renew their registration every two years per the state’s requirements. This ensures fingerprinting and background checks are kept current. In addition to these mandated requirements our agency requires our caregivers to be bonded, have a clean driving record with the DMV, proof of insurance, and a negative TB test every two years during their employment.

What is the difference between home care and home health care?

HOME HEALTH CARE is a service provided by licensed RN’s, physical therapists, speech therapists and other restorative providers. These services are considered medical assistance that are ordered by a physician and are usually paid for by insurance or Medicare.

HOME CARE is a service provided by non-licensed staff often called caregivers, trained to assist you with the activities of daily living. It is designed to help you maintain your independence in your own home. It is most often private pay although some people are fortunate enough to have long-term care insurance. Licensed home care agencies are formally called HCO’s or Home Care Organizations. All HCO’s in California should have a license number.

Request your Complimentary Health and Safety Assessment

Submit Now!